Product Component Manager
PCM offers publishers a simple introduction to the planning and production of multimedia products. PCM enables the flexible composition of new products through the reuse of defined product components.
With the PCM – Product Component Manager
- Product managers structure metadata at the component level
- Publishers prepare the products for new business models – particularly in the electronic domain
- Product managers compose new products by reusing predefined product components
- Publishers provide product data on marketing and sales platforms at a granular level in standardized formats
- PCM allows the description of completely new product forms
- PCM focuses on the reusability of predefined product components
- PCM is simple to use because it is based on and further develops the way Explorer functions.
- PCM gives content a structure – components are single chapters, audio tracks or video clips, pictures, graphics – in short: any entities and combinations of these entities can be nested to any depth desired
- PCM speaks ONIX, provides consistent, consolidated metadata for print and web catalogs, portals and aggregators, and knows what an ISTC is.
- PCM is being constantly developed as both a tool for production and for component-oriented rights management and royalty settlement
Effectively manage and market new types of products.
Our goal is to offer our customers an efficient means of supporting new business models, even if these models change. We are in this – just as in other areas – the industry leader and we will live up to our sound reputation in this branch by offering sophisticated, reliable solutions before others.
The market currently presents publishers with two challenges.
- First, there are a growing number of product forms – especially within the digital realm. As a result, there is a constant need to create and manage new metadata. So it is clear that this metadata must also be properly structured.
- At the same time, as a result of digitization, content is now being managed more and more by electronic means. There is no longer one single product. Content, instead, is split into separate parts and, in turn, pieced together into various other products.
Systems that can only handle the final product cannot meet these challenges. With the Product Component Manager (PCM), we want to offer our customers a tool to create open product structures and easily manage their associated components. We are empowering users to reuse components in different products. Now the component structure is attached to the ‘work’ or the ‘Digital Asset Collection’, so content content can be managed regardless of its published form.
With this tool, we are also creating a foundation for component-based rights and royalties management, because splitting and managing smaller entities becomes exceptionally efficient once the system is also capable of handling royalty statements. Our goal is for the Klopotek system to retrace the steps of splitting up individual components and check into the contracts themselves, so that it becomes possible to create new products and at the same time automatically produce the correct statements for handling the related royalties.