Web Services are functions in the Klopotek publishing software which can be called by external software. With Web Services, the Klopotek software can be integrated into publishers' websites and other systems in real-time.
- Web shops can identify and create customers and orders in the Klopotek system
- Publishers' portals for authors can integrate royalty documents and statements
- Publishers' websites can show customers the status of their order in the Klopotek software
- Customers know their some of data far better than you. Why shouldn't they edit their addresses and specify their delivery and invoice addresses themselves?
With Web Services, the power of the Klopotek software is available to other systems and other user interfaces. Web shops can, for example, call on Klopotek's order processing power without having to recreate those functions. Subscriptions can be ordered directly – just like one-off products – discounts and shipping costs can be determined and, finally, a Klopotek Web Service calculates the taxes – even for global business.
- The quality of data improves.
- Back-office staff are freed from the burden of data maintenance.
- Errors are avoided because central functions like determining discounts and shipping costs no longer diverge. Total IT costs sink: valuable functions such as access to royalty documents no longer have to be programmed several times. Programs do not need to be developed to transport the documents back and forth.
- Full support for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Based on open SOAP standards
- Web Services are all documented as APIs
- Web Services can be run directly on Klopotek's JBoss-based Web Application Server (WAS) without the need for further infrastructure
- Klopotek's Web Application Server (WAS) is a fully-fledged application and integration server
- Web Services are compatible with and can be integrated into all popular Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) infrastructures
- Product metadata can be accessed as XML, and can be rendered directly into marketing material, catalogs, or data feeds
- Web Services are widely used and are constantly being enhanced
- This feature works across the entire Klopotek system – in every module, in every form and with every product