Intercompany / International Publishing Deals
Manage transactions between different legal entities of your publishing group with ease
Can you support all your business units with one central system? Worldwide? Klopotek is the perfect choice for supporting multi-national publishing groups, as you run our global solution in in one physical installation to support you across your business split over different countries, languages, currencies, and metrics. The Klopotek software ensures that it is not necessary to re-enter data, perform currency conversions, or separate workflows, and that everyone works on the same metadata. No other software solution provider does that and has the capability to do so. Instead, they require you to have multiple individual installations.
As an important aspect of helping to establish and implement a global publishing strategy, ‘Intercompany / International Publishing Deals’ facilitates managing transactions between different legal entities of a publishing group. This slim application allows each publishing company to transfer the acquired rights for languages or territories to another publishing company on the terms and conditions agreed between these companies.
Automated data exchange of sales information for the transferred rights is supported and helps to create a unique and global statement for the author issued by the company that holds the publication rights.
This application runs on STREAM, Klopotek’s cloud-based platform for optimized user interaction on computers and mobile devices.
Searching for, creating, and managing affiliate companies in the app is easy. There are dedicated widget ‘families’ for setting up and managing intercompany agreements and deals. The ‘Specify a Default Intercompany Agreement’ feature helps to speed up related processes. With a few clicks, it is also possible to assign new products to existing intercompany agreements and deals. If sales contracts need to be created, there is a jump-out functionality to the STREAM app Rights Sales Contract Manager or the CR&R Classic Line.
All process steps in the app are supported by ‘My Recent Activities’ and ‘My Bookmarks’ features.
Key Features and Benefits
- Helps establish and implement a global publishing strategy
- Makes it easy for each publishing company of your Group to transfer the acquired rights for languages or territories to another publishing company of your Group on the terms and conditions agreed between these two companies/affiliates
- Supports agreeing and handling ‘mega deals’ with media companies: transmit rights flexibly through all legal entities of your international global publishing company and report on this to the author in one single royalty statement
- Cloud-based, intuitive, simple to handle; lets you specify ‘default intercompany agreements’
- Adding new products to existing agreements is easy
- Jump-out functionality to related STREAM apps and the Classic Line